27.10.09

Pancake Mission


When I was back home, weekends ment sleeping in and waking up to a home cooked breakfast. My Nana speciality was fluffy panckaes, spicy potatoes, and your choice of bacon, eggs, or toast. Life was good.

Since the move, I've had maybe ten breakfasts, none of which were homemade. Been jonesing like a mofo for pancakes! I tried the local diner (that everyone raved about), but they produced the usual flat, no flavor flapjacks. Then it hit me. There is an actual establishment that specializes in pancakes. And they are internationally know.... IHOP!!

When this epiphany originally occurred I hopped out of bed, didn't even bother to turn my swag on, and was on my way. Mere feet before my thirst was quenched- I got called into work. I vowed to make a speedy return...

Today could not have come at a better time. Between work and school, a nice dose of familiarity was much needed. I ordered a coffee and looked in wonderment at the menu. Pancakes. All types. Gingerbread. With sprinkles. Strawberry cheesecake. Ohh eem gee. I decided to revert back to my childhood when my mom wanted to make me feel better, ordering the chocolate chip. There was a little guilt about eating two days worth of calories... but besides that it was heaven. And I even saved some for tomorrow. Joy!

*They have so many syrups*



No comments:

Post a Comment