15.12.09

It is FUNdamental

It is crazy how life repeats itself...
When I was younger I had a HUGE bookshelf (okay, maybe 5 feet tall) that was jammed packed with books I read at least twice. I loved to read. Every holiday I got books. I had every book in the series. Ispy, Boxcar Children, Goosebumps- you name it I had it. Every night, before bed, my mom would come in and make me read a chapter. That's how I got so smart :)

Through high school there were a few books I read outside of school, but nothing in comparison to what I was doing before. College hit and I had no time or real desire to pick up a book if I didn't have to. Up until a week and a half ago. I finally broke down and bought Twilight. I never wanted to follow the trend (and I am secretly scared of vampires). Not such a secret anymore... Anywho. I LOVED the books. Read all four in five days. Not bad, not bad at all.

Doing so took me back to when I was younger and could spend all day reading a book just because. I was an only child until I was 10 so my books we almost... dare I say friends? I was normal tho, no worries. I cold get so carried away in a story that I would male it real. I always have been infatuated with British society and have a deep love for classic literature. That was the only reason I stuck with AP Lit in high school... After finishing the Twilight saga, I went to Barnes & Nobel and purchased three new books. Currently I am reading "Wuthering Heights". It took a while for me to sink into it, but now I can't put it down (except to write this and the occasional tweet of course).

For me, reading creates an escape from reality and all its burdens. You can travel to other times and places and become oblivious to the world around you. And that is exactly what I need right now. An escape. And reading is the most conceivable idea I had. Who knows... I may learn a thing or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment